#thisisthandie: award winning writer, model and film director
- How did you start, what came first between being a model and being a producer?
Modelling came first, I have always enjoyed being in front of the camera at a young age and I went to university at 17 to learn about the behind the lens. I was inspired by Maya Angelou and Oprah.
- What inspired you to become a model and a producer at the same time?
Nothing really inspired me to do both at the same time, I didn’t really know any producers growing up however, I liked modeling which is why I taught myself to be a great model. I looked up to Tyra Banks as a role model, I would watch Americas next top model religiously. As far as being a producer is concerned, overtime I have developed a good eye for creativity and, that came from creating short films for my studies.
- Looking at your Instagram feed, we noticed that you are a woman of activity, a boss lady. What motivates you to be that kind of a lady and what keeps you moving all the time.
My future, family and legacy. I have a vision for who I am, what I want to achieve, people I wish to help, and sharing my gifts and every day I have to remind myself of that goal I am trying to reach. I can’t stop until my vision is fully executed
- As an influencer, how do you balance between the enquiries and requests from both, your audience and clients?
I am worked towards getting a manager to help me relieving the pressure and helping me meet the requests so that I deliver to my audience on time. Before that, it was a bit challenging because I had to be all over the place. I try and organize my time, commitments and ensure I am delivering at all times.
- How many brands have you worked with as a model? What is it you love about yourself?
Good question, I am actually not too sure, it’s been quite a few around 8. The thing I love about myself is my energy, I believe everything is about aura. I am big on GOOD ENERGY.
- We believe there are thousands of young people out there who aspire to be like you, what advice do you have for them?
Don’t do things because of people, rather do it because you believe in it and want to do it.Stay focused and don’t take things too personal.
- In short, can you share with us your six-six daily routine?
Well first of all, I don’t wake up at 6, I work 9-5 Monday – Wednesday as a Marketing Assistant, Thursday – Saturday I focus on my brand this is Thandie working on creating content and PR visits.